Suunto Eon Steel Dive Computer
Eon Steel Dive computer is the next generation dive computer from Suunto. The screen of this dive computer is having a high quality color TFT screen powered with Suunto BrightSee™ which is a 320 x 240 px high color contrast display backed by a LED back light that helps diver to read the display in any condition weather its light water or deep water. Suunto has given the full customization of this device display with up to five custom displays. Based on the diver’s evolving requirements they can customize the display to only see what they want. This device also comes with a strap or bungee attachment to wear comfortably.
For the first time from Suunto they have made the first Suunto dive computer with user upgradable software. Like the previous dive computers this device can also be connected with the Suunto DM5 dive planning software for detailed report view and plan from ether windows or mac with USB connection. With the release suunto announced that they will release the upgrade in 2015 for the fixed point CCR rebreather.
Suunto eon comes with optimized four diving modes call Gauge, Air, Nitrox and Trimix to fit any type of diving task. Suuntos Reduced Gradient Bubble Mode (RGBM) algorithms are used behind this dive computer to maximize the dive time.
Just like the name explains this equipment’s bezel is built with steel. Not just steel its Brushed stainless steel. The housing uses reinforced composite with over 50% glass fiber. This device is guaranteed to work up to 150 meters depth. Eon steel has a lithium-ion battery which automatically starts to charge once connected to the computer with USB cable comes in box. However for customers who seek a separation charger they can go for a suunto charger as a separate accessory. With a full charge, the sunto gives 20-40 hours of dive time.
With the Ion Steel dive computer suunto has released the new version of its wireless tank pressure transmitter. The new version is named as Suunto Tank POD which gives improved stability, multiple tank pressure reading with auto detection as additional features compared to previous version. Suunto Ion Steel dive computer can ready inputs from up to 8 wireless transmitters which means simultaneously it can read pressure of 8 tanks. Please note that The Suunto Eon Dive computer is not compatible with the previous suunto wireless pressure transmeter.
- Full visual customization with Suunto CustomDisplay™ to see only what you want in the screen and physical customization with the choice of strap or bungee attachment.
- Amazing wide angle colors with Suunto BrightSee™ TFT high color contrast screen for clear view in any condition weather its light or deep water.
- User updatable software and plan your dive with Suunto DM5 software in ether windows or mac
- Comes with four specialized modes as Gauge, Air, Nitrox and Trimix. Powered with Suunto Fused™ RGBM algorithms for maximizes the dive time.
- Premium materials for extreme durability, built with brushed stainless steel bezel and the housing uses reinforced composite with over 50 % glass fiber.
- Rechargeable battery which gives 20-40 hours of diving after a full charge.
- Connectivity with Suunto Tank Pod wireless tank pressure transmitter with multi cylinder read up to 8 cylinders.
- 24 Month full manufacture warranty.
What’s in the box? :
- 1 x Suunto Eon Steel
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x Quick Guide
- 1 x Legal leaflet
- 1 x Screen protector
- 1 x Bungee adapter and cord